Saturday, October 2, 2010

Sail To New Places

Let’s 
      Sail to 
new places
    in our 
   Write N.O.W.
Notebooks!

At the beginning of each new school year I tried to think of a snazzy, snappy little
motivational phrase to use with my class to build a sense of community in writing workshop.  One year I used this “sailing” idea.  I saw this sail boat for sale at Hobby Lobby and instantly the idea came to me.  
I had each child create a little “mini me” of themselves out of stubby wooden peg thingys (found at Hobby Lobby), attached velcro dots to the boat and the bottom of the “mini me’s” and we sailed off into a new school year for many new writing adventures!  
That particular year we chose to call our notebooks our “Write N.O.W. Notebooks  (NEW OPPORTUNITIES WRITING)

Robert A. Redmond   2010

1 comment:

  1. I forgot to mention, this particular sailboat was about 6 feet tall, but they did have several shorter versions of it!

    ReplyDelete